- A Leak TL10 amp found in an E80.
- Rogers RD Junior amp found in an E80
- Another example of a Rogers Junior amp which may have been fitted to an E80. Photo couresty of "Chris65" on the Lenco Heaven web forum.
- Leak TL10 (restored by Peter Hillyer)
- Leak TL10 innards (restored by Peter Hillyer)
1953 BAL-AMi Model E
Sold in the UK by Balfour but only with an AMi badge. There are still a few of these around as can be seen in my serial number listing that site guests have submitted.
Evidence suggests that Balfour only manufactured the E80 (45rpm) variant, and not the E40 (78rpm) or the E120 that were also produced in the USA.
Balfour probably hadn't got to the Beam-Echo amp deal in these early days, and thus a variety of amplifiers have been found in the Model E. These include a Leak TL10, an Eagle PA539N, and a Rogers RD Junior Power Amp Push Pull EL84.
If a Leak TL10 is in place, it may be modified from the standard version in that the original has a connector where the jukebox version has an EF86 valve. That connector is for the matching Leak pre-amp. The juke version has also been seen with tone controls added.